Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

     IMG_7102 I know I’m super tardy to the party, being 5:30pm and Independence Day almost over. But I’ve been my usual self all day: redecorating the house. Nesting kicks in full speed when I’m stuck at home more than a day :)

We used to go watch the fireworks at The Diamond here in Richmond, but they stopped when we lost the Richmond Braves, and before we got Nutzy and the Flying Squirrels back in it’s place. We would stand in the parking lot right next to the stadium. Completely free front row seats.

fourth234fourth233

Now we found a new favorite tradition: Lake Anna fireworks! We meet up at my parent’s campsite they have year round:

IMG_6980

Then head out on the boat to watch the show:

IMG_7108

See all the boats on the horizon? I love watching the fireworks out there. Here’s El Capitan and I last year:

IMG_7011

IMG_7031

Tomorrow will be the Beaverdam Parade. That’s kind of a big deal in small town USA, especially when my dad is the Mayor of Beaverdam. I feel kind of special.IMG_6832

Notice I’m not the only fan of Electric Blue in the family. Like Father like Daughter.

IMG_6838 We’ll probably sit at the same spot, collect candy thrown (hard) at us by little league baseball players, and then listen to the Mayors speech and hope our favorite Miss Beaverdam contestants win. I actually tried out one year, and didn’t make it. The winner had an excellent speech about growing up there, and I was a skeletal size 0. So I can understand that outcome.

blonde

Kind of. I still thought the sweet demeanor and soft blonde hair would sway the judges. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. Braces were cute when I was 10, not at 18. I’m at least proud to be the Mayor’s Daughter ;)

So have a Happy Independence Day everyone. I’ll see you back here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment