Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Cow Appreciation Day!





I missed it last year, but I was determined to throw together something awesome with my newly acquired sewing skills :) I made a master plan late one afternoon at work, and went home and made it happen. I got a lot of laughs, a lot of stares, and I got a free meal. What more could you ask for?









I bought a ton, and I mean a TON of felt. I wanted extra in case I screwed up, because I had no idea what I was really going to do, I just knew what I wanted it to look like in the end. Somehow, it came together nicely, and I really didn't screw anything up. Drew wanted the free meal too, so I had free rein over how he looked too :) I'm actually more proud of his than my tunic because I had practice by then, and he looked so cute in his little tail. My udder was tough, but it was a big hit. I also sewed my ears onto a headband. BFF told me it looked like it came like that. It was a proud moment. Also, I made last minute hooves, which I totally forgot to make, so luckily I had clear shoes so nothing competed with them except my bare feet.


I'm also proud of my hair too. I've had toddler bangs and long, straight blonde hair my entire life. After many years I finally got back to my natural hair color, and this morning I decided to make a mock fray bang cut and I framed my face a little bit. I've gotten enough compliments to convince me taking the edgy risk paid off.


BFF and I. She sharpied her shirt :P That's Drew's miata beside me. We noticed a HUGE scratch up his hood right before we took these pictures. This last one we were talking and she just happened to catch our mouths closed, but he was still looking around. Hey, at least my hair looks awesome :P I'm glad he's a good sport. I love when we dress up, and even more when we dress alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment